Your health and safety, and that of our staff, is our highest priority. We are continually monitoring COVID and responding with plans and procedures based on national and local guidelines. This includes elevating our already high standards of sanitation, cleaning, and employee hygiene.
To help us protect you and our staff, please see the updated appointment guidelines below.
Reschedule Your Appointment If You
- Are currently awaiting a COVID test or plan on getting one prior to your appointment
- Have had close contact with anyone who has a confirmed case of COVID in the past 2 weeks
- Have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever, chills, body aches
- Shortness of breath (not related to known heart/lung disease)
- Sore Throat or any other cold symptoms
- RECENT loss of taste or smell
- Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting
Please Read Before Your Appointment
Based on the recommendations from the CDC and State Health Department, we will be implementing the following:
- All patients and staff are screened for respiratory symptoms and fever.
- All patients and staff are required to wear a mask.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations are placed at all entrances. Patients must sanitize upon entry.
- We ask that visitors remain in their vehicle in the parking lot. They will be notified by cell phone when the patient has completed their appointment.
- So that we may best serve our patients, we ask that patients let us know ahead of time if they require special arrangements to accommodate a disability.
- Social distancing and required mask signs are clearly posted.
- Hand washing and cough etiquette signs are clearly posted.
- Barrier shields are present in exam lanes.
- Strict hand washing is required of all staff.
- Frequent cleaning/disinfection is required for high touch surfaces.
- Staff is not allowed to work if ill/sent home if become ill.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Be sure to check our CURRENT hours of operation. If you need additional information, please call our office at (417) 886-3937.
We are here for you when you need us, and we look forward to seeing you once again!
A Re-Opening Message for patients from Dr. Tom Prater of Mattax Neu Prater Eye Center. (4/27)
A special message for patients from Dr. Jake Thomas of Mattax Neu Prater Eye Center. (3/26)
A special message for patients from Dr. Jim Mattax of Mattax Neu Prater Eye Center. (3/30)
A special message for patients from Dr. Tom Prater of Mattax Neu Prater Eye Center. (3/26)
Caring for our patients goes beyond providing exceptional healthcare services. Your health is our highest priority. For that reason, we are continually monitoring public health issues, such as the recent cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Rest assured, we are responding with plans and procedures based on national and local guidelines to ensure the safety of patients and staff. This includes elevating our already customarily high standards of sanitation, cleaning, and employee hygiene.
Help us protect you, other patients, and our staff by rescheduling your appointment if you…
- Have a fever
- Have a cough
- Have shortness of breath (not related to known heart/lung disease)
- Have recently traveled outside the country
Questions about COVID-19 prevention? Ask us. We also encourage you to seek out trusted health authorities for the latest, most accurate information.