Mattax Neu Prater is Hiring!
Full-time Surgical Technologist
Looking for a work/life balance? Tired of working evenings, weekends and holidays? Come work at Mattax Neu Prater Eye Center!
Mattax Neu Prater Eye Center, “The Best in Sight”, is currently seeking a full-time Surgical Technologist to join our team. The ideal candidate will be dependable, detail-oriented, willing to take instruction and thrive in a fast-paced environment with a diverse population. Must be able to provide quality patient care and have experience in customer service and computer systems. Previous healthcare experience preferred, eye experience strongly preferred, but willing to train the right person. Certification is also preferred.
This fulltime position will have working knowledge of all operating room equipment including emergency equipment used in CPR. Must have working knowledge of surgical instruments used by the surgeon and care, maintenance, and cleaning of surgical instruments. Requires:
- Knowledge of various sterilization techniques and their appropriate uses
- Ability to recognize surgical equipment malfunction and be able to perform troubleshooting
- Aware of routine preventive maintenance; and oversees surgical instruments on a routine basis
- Familiar with all surgical procedures and techniques of the surgeon
- Must be aware of and utilize acceptable concepts of sterile and aseptic techniques
- Certified Surgical Technologist certificate ideal
- One-year experience in ophthalmology surgical techniques preferred