Mattax Neu Prater’s doctors of optometry, Michael S. Engleman, Matt T. Smith, and Marla C. Smith, offer contact lenses that provide our patients with the most comfortable fit for their eyes and their lifestyles.
Contact lenses available at Mattax Neu Prater incorporate state-of-the-art materials and advanced technologies. Offering a wide variety makes it possible to meet each patient’s unique needs:
- Soft and hard (rigid gas-permeable) lenses
- Extended wear, daily wear, and disposable lenses
- Multifocal lenses to correct presbyopia
- Soft toric lenses to correct astigmatism
- Colored lenses
Your doctor will carefully evaluate your specific prescription, as well other factors that may affect your ability to safely and comfortably wear contact lenses. These factors include your eyes’ shape, tear production, and blinking, as well as the condition of your eyelids.
Before recommending a particular type or brand of lens, your doctor will ask:
- If you take any medications
- How motivated you are to wear contacts
- How much experience you have with contacts
- If you have had any problems wearing contacts in the past
Professional Service & Support
Our staff will:
- Teach you how to safely care for your contacts and minimize risk of infection or allergies
- Provide the support you need as you become accustomed to wearing and handling your new contact lenses
We recommend an annual evaluation of your eye health to monitor for allergies, infections, dry eyes and other problems.